Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Flash Review - 10/5/11

Avengers 1959 - Eh! Kinda boring.  I wasn't really into this back story when they were running it in New Avengers but I decided to check out the series anyway.  Maybe I'm just not into these Noir-esque period stories, but the whole Jimmy Woo/Avengers Initiative thing just isn't grabbing me.  I do love seeing Namora (who I don't really know that well and am loving her) and I suppose its kinda cool seeing Sabretooth again, but even that's not enough.  I'll keep collecting it to see if they give any back story to the Avengers I suppose, but I don't have a lot of hope for this series.

X-men (Vol. 3) - OK I'm not going to say this was a bad story but...what even happened??  They went on a rescue mission to some otherworldly Savage Land-type place and what really ended up happening?  The people they went to rescue ended up staying there, so really they went through a lot of trouble for nothing, and they gained nothing from it at all.  No story or character development occurred here at all, we just sorta bummed around the jungle for a few issues and went home.  Doom betrayed us and then didn't OOOOOO TWIST!  The only somewhat fun part was at the very end when Scott and the Richards agreeing that the two couples should spend more time together.  I'd love to see Emma and Sue trying to bond over a game of Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment