Monday, December 19, 2011

Flash Review - 12/7/11

Hey everyone, I am so sorry for the incredible lateness of this flash review.  I promise that between today and tomorrow I will get all caught up on my posting for the website so just keep an eye out!  And without further ado...the Flash Review for 12/7/11!



Fear Itself: The Fearless #4 – Ugh…only issue 34 and I’m already bored to death with this storyline.  Just let Fear Itself die already!  It was a great crossover (with too many tie-ins to begin with) and now it’s done.  Do we really need to have this 12 issue epilogue to it also?  I’m way more into what’s going on over in the new Defenders title.

Journey into Mystery #631 – Not too much huge action in this one but lots of setting up future storylines happening here.  I’m curious about these All-Mother(s) ruling in Odin’s stead and what their little secret is regarding Loki’s future role since they clearing seem to be planning SOMETHING.  I’m so glad Leah is still around with Lil Loki even though Hela’s gone back to Hel (yes, with one “L”).  It’s great to have a separate title like this that doesn’t require me reading the main Thor title to keep up. 

X-Factor #228 – It’s starting to become a snooze fest in here with this Blood Bath storyline.  It was really fun and cool at first but now it’s starting to wear on (like the Dark Angel Saga) a bit too long.  So after another entire issue we still are not completely clear on whether or not Jaime and Layla are really dead and ReGenesis hasn’t even hit here yet!  They have one more issue to get that all cleared up before Alex and Lorna get home to see what the kids were up to while they were gone.

X-Club #1 – Exactly what I expected it to be.  Fun story, heavy on the comedy, and little on the world-scale drama.  With Danger often busy on the Extinction Team or serving as Warden, it’s easy to forget her place on the X-Club, since she is a hyper-intelligent consciousness,  so I am glad they decided to center the limited series around her.I continue to love Kavita Rao, Dr Nemesis, and Madison Jeffries’ dynamic as the quirkiest group of scientists/geniuses that have ever worked together (not to mention Kavita’s status as token human scientist now that Moira MacTaggart seems to NOT being coming back).  Looking forward to the rest of this series in earnest.

X-men #22 – I’ll admit that this series has gotten much better since its original horrific Curse of the Mutants arc but it’s still doesn’t give just cause for this entire series to continue.  The only thing that this title gives me is a place where Storm can be shown in some sort of leadership capacity as she deserves.  I like seeing vampire Jubilee is action as part of the team, as well as double agent Psylocke.  I only hope that Ororo can keep this dark team of X-men together and sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment